If you happen to take too much Aceon, overdose symptoms may occur, depending on how recently the overdose occurred. Possible symptoms include kidney failure, extremely low blood pressure, or increased levels of potassium or sodium in the blood. Treatment may include medicines, "pumping the stomach," or supportive care, such as IV fluids, closely monitoring the heart and lungs, and medications to increase blood pressure.
Aceon® (perindopril erbumine) is a medication used to treat high blood pressure. Even though it has happened on only a few occasions, a person can overdose on Aceon just like any other medication. The effects of an Aceon overdose will vary, depending on a number of factors, including how much Aceon is taken and whether it is taken with any other medicines, alcohol, and/or drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Aceon, seek medical attention immediately.
Aceon overdose signs or symptoms can vary, but may include:
- Extremely low blood pressure
- Increased levels of sodium or potassium in the blood
- Kidney failure.
The treatment for an Aceon overdose will vary. If the overdose was recent, the healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." However, there is no readily available treatment that can remove Aceon quickly once it has been absorbed into the body.
Therefore, in these cases, treatment involves supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options for an Aceon overdose may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV)
- Medications to increase blood pressure
- Other treatments based on complications that occur
- Closely monitoring the heart and lungs.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have taken an Aceon overdose.