In order for Afeditab CR to work properly, you must take it as prescribed. When treating high blood pressure with Afeditab CR, dosing typically starts at 30 mg once daily. Your healthcare provider may adjust your Afeditab CR dosage as necessary, up to a maximum dosage of 90 mg once daily. Your Afeditab CR dose may be affected by other medical conditions you have or other medications you are taking.
Afeditab Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Afeditab CR® (nifedipine) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Afeditab CR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Afeditab Dosing for HypertensionThe recommended starting Afeditab CR dose for treating high blood pressure (hypertension) is Afeditab CR 30 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Afeditab CR 90 mg once daily).
- Afeditab CR comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Afeditab CR should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Because Afeditab CR tablets are extended release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow Afeditab CR tablets whole.
- Afeditab CR should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For Afeditab CR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Afeditab CR will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Afeditab CR or your Afeditab CR dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.