Who Makes Afeditab?
Afeditab CR is made by Watson Pharmaceuticals.
How Does It Work?
Afeditab CR is part of a class of drugs called calcium channel blockers
. It helps to slow down the rate at which calcium
moves into the heart and walls of the blood vessels. This, in turn, helps to relax the blood vessels, which allows better blood flow and makes it easier for the heart to pump blood.
There are two basic types of calcium channel blockers: dihydropyridine and non-dihydropyridine. The most important difference between the two types is that non-dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers can slow down the heart rate, while dihydropyridine calcium channel blockers do not. Afeditab CR is a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker, which means that it does not usually decrease the heart rate.
When and How to Take Afeditab
Some general considerations for when and how to take Afeditab CR include the following:
- Afeditab CR comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Because the tablets are extended-release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- Afeditab CR should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Afeditab CR will not work if you stop taking it.