A healthcare provider will consider several factors when determining an appropriate dosage of aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide. Some of these factors include the severity of your high blood pressure, how you respond to the drug, and other medications you are taking. Although this drug contains three different medications, it comes as a single tablet that is taken once daily. Take your dose consistently, either with or without food.
An Introduction to Your Dosage of Aliskiren-Amlodipine-HydrochlorothiazideThe dose of aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide (Amturnide®) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Aliskiren-Amlodipine-Hydrochlorothiazide Dosing GuidelinesAs the name implies, aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of three medications: hydrochlorothiazide, amlodipine (Norvasc®), and aliskiren (Tekturna®). It is usually prescribed when two medications alone do not adequately control blood pressure. Also, people who are taking the three medications separately may find it easier and more cost effective to take aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide.
The recommended aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide dose varies from 150/5/12.5 mg to 300/10/25 mg once daily, depending on the severity of your blood pressure and your previous dose of amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, or aliskiren.
Aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide tablets come in the following strengths:
- Aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide 150/5/12.5 mg
- Aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide 300/5/12.5 mg
- Aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide 300/5/25 mg
- Aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide 300/10/12.5 mg
- Aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide 300/10/25 mg
The first number (150 mg or 300 mg) is the aliskiren strength. The middle number (5 mg or 10 mg) is the amlodipine strength. The last number (12.5 mg or 25 mg) is the hydrochlorothiazide strength.