Important Information About Aliskiren-Amlodipine-Hydrochlorothiazide
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a recent heart attack
- Heart disease
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis or liver failure
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Parathyroid problems
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus, or SLE)
- Fluid or electrolyte problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Amturnide and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Amturnide and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Aliskiren-Amlodipine-Hydrochlorothiazide to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for Aliskiren-Amlodipine-HydrochlorothiazideThe dose of aliskiren-amlodipine-hydrochlorothiazide your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other drugs you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Aliskiren-Amlodipine-Hydrochlorothiazide Dosage for more information.)