Treatment Instructions for Aliskiren/Amlodipine
General Information on Taking Aliskiren/AmlodipineConsiderations to keep in mind during treatment with aliskiren/amlodipine include the following:
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You should try to take your dose of aliskiren/amlodipine consistently either with or without food, since fatty meals may decrease the absorption of the drug. This is not a problem as long as you take it consistently with regard to food.
- Be sure to take aliskiren/amlodipine at the same time each day in order to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Aliskiren/amlodipine will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to aliskiren/amlodipine dosing, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.