Your healthcare provider will determine a dose of amlodipine/aliskiren after taking several factors into consideration, including how you initially respond to this drug. This medication, which comes in tablet form, is available in several different strengths. In addition, aliskiren/amlodipine can be taken with or without food; however, you should be consistent in this matter.
An Introduction to Dosing With Aliskiren/AmlodipineThe dosage of aliskiren/amlodipine (Tekamlo™) your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to this drug
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust the amount unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Aliskiren/Amlodipine Dosage for High Blood PressureAs the name implies, this is a combination medication containing aliskiren (Tekturna®) and amlodipine (Norvasc®). It is usually prescribed when one medication alone does not adequately control blood pressure.
It is also a good option for people who are already taking both medications, who may benefit from taking fewer tablets and possibly lower costs by switching to aliskiren/amlodipine.
The recommended dosage varies from aliskiren/amlodipine 150/5 mg once daily up to aliskiren/amlodipine 300/10 mg once daily.
These tablets come in the following strengths:
- Aliskiren/amlodipine 150/5 mg -- 150 mg of aliskiren and 5 mg of amlodipine
- Aliskiren/amlodipine 150/10 mg -- 150 mg of aliskiren and 10 mg of amlodipine
- Aliskiren/amlodipine 300/5 mg -- 300 mg of aliskiren and 5 mg of amlodipine
- Aliskiren/amlodipine 300/10 mg -- 300 mg of aliskiren and 10 mg of amlodipine.
The first number (150 or 300 mg) is the aliskiren strength. The second number (5 or 10 mg) is the amlodipine strength.