Important Info on Aliskiren and Valsartan
When and How to Take This MedicineSome general considerations to keep in mind when taking aliskiren and valsartan include the following:
- Aliskiren and valsartan comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- You should consistently take aliskiren and valsartan either with or without food, since food can affect the absorption of the medication. Always try to take it the same way with regard to meals.
- Although it does not matter when you take this medication, it is a good idea to take it at the same time each day.
- For aliskiren and valsartan to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. This drug will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing Information for Aliskiren and ValsartanThe dose of aliskiren and valsartan your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Aliskiren and Valsartan Dosage for more information.)
Drug InteractionsAliskiren and valsartan can potentially interact with a number of other medications (see Drug Interactions With Aliskiren and Valsartan).
What If I Overdose on Aliskiren and Valsartan?An overdose is likely to cause dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension), a rapid heart rate (tachycardia), a slow heart rate (bradycardia), and other serious problems. If you happen to overdose on this drug, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Valturna Overdose to learn more.)