Helpful Tips for Taking Amlodipine and Atorvastatin
General Information on Dosing With Amlodipine and AtorvastatinConsiderations for people taking amlodipine and atorvastatin include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once daily.
- You can take amlodipine and atorvastatin with or without food. However, you should not drink grapefruit juice while taking it (see Drug Interactions With Amlodipine and Atorvastatin).
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do not break, cut, chew, or crush them.
- Be sure to take amlodipine and atorvastatin at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Amlodipine and atorvastatin will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to amlodipine and atorvastatin dosing, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.