Safety Concerns With Amlodipine and Atorvastatin
When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations for when and how to take amlodipine and atorvastatin include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once daily.
- You can take amlodipine and atorvastatin with or without food. However, you should not consume grapefruit products while taking the medication (see Drug Interactions With Amlodipine and Atorvastatin).
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do not break, cut, chew, or crush them.
- Be sure to take amlodipine and atorvastatin at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Amlodipine and atorvastatin will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of amlodipine and atorvastatin your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition(s) being treated
- How you respond to amlodipine and atorvastatin
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amlodipine and Atorvastatin Dosing for more information.)
Drug InteractionsAmlodipine and atorvastatin can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Amlodipine and Atorvastatin).