Precautions and Warnings With Amlodipine and Atorvastatin
Precautions and warnings with amlodipine and atorvastatin should be reviewed before beginning treatment. This includes possible side effects, such as increased liver enzymes and muscle problems, as well as conditions to tell your healthcare provider about. For example, precautions and warnings with amlodipine and atorvastatin also extend to people with liver disease or coronary artery disease and women who may be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Amlodipine and Atorvastatin: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking amlodipine and atorvastatin (Caduet®) if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A severe infection
- Uncontrolled seizures
- A severe hormonal or electrolyte imbalance
- Major surgery or trauma
- Had a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke")
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.