Side Effects of Amlodipine and Atorvastatin
Possible side effects of amlodipine and atorvastatin include fatigue, heart palpitations, headache, and muscle pain. Most people tolerate the drug without problems, and if side effects do occur, they are generally minor and easily treated. However, serious amlodipine and atorvastatin side effects are possible. If you experience difficulty breathing, jaundice, or rapid weight gain, contact your healthcare provider right away.
Side Effects of Amlodipine and Atorvastatin: An IntroductionAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with amlodipine and atorvastatin (Caduet®); however, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with amlodipine and atorvastatin. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of side effects with you.)
Serious Side Effects of Amlodipine and AtorvastatinSome side effects with amlodipine and atorvastatin, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of low blood pressure, such as:
- Severe swelling and water retention, especially in the legs, ankles, or feet
- Rapid weight gain
- Signs of liver damage, such as:
- Yellow eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Dark urine
- Increased liver enzymes (see Lipitor Liver Side Effects)
- Signs of muscle damage, such as:
- Decreased urination or difficulty passing urine
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling.