Side Effects of Amlodipine and Olmesartan
Some of the most common side effects of amlodipine and olmesartan include dizziness, swelling, and heart palpitations. While amlodipine and olmesartan side effects are typically minor, it is possible to develop serious side effects with the medication. Notify your healthcare provider immediately if you develop things such as an irregular heart rhythm, a decrease in urine output, or chest pain.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Amlodipine and OlmesartanAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with amlodipine and olmesartan (AZOR™). However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with amlodipine and olmesartan. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of side effects with you.)
Serious Side Effects of Amlodipine and OlmesartanSome side effects with amlodipine and olmesartan, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Very low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Chest pain
- Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Signs of low blood pressure, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting
- Severe swelling and water retention, especially in the legs, ankles, or feet
- Severe, chronic diarrhea (which may even be severe enough to cause substantial weight loss)
- Rapid weight gain
- High potassium levels in the blood (hyperkalemia)
- Decreased urine production (which may be a sign of kidney problems)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including a rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing.