Amlodipine and Valsartan Dosing
Amlodipine and valsartan dosing will vary from 5/160 mg to 10/320 mg once daily depending on your previous dose of either medicine. The severity of your blood pressure is also an important factor in determining your amlodipine and valsartan dose. To maintain an even level of the medicine in your blood, your dosage should be taken at the same time each day.
The dose of amlodipine and valsartan (Exforge®) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to amlodipine and valsartan
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your amlodipine and valsartan dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Amlodipine and Valsartan Dosing for High Blood PressureAmlodipine and valsartan is a combination of, as the name implies, amlodipine (Norvasc®) and valsartan (Diovan®). It is usually prescribed when one of the two medications alone does not adequately control blood pressure. Also, it is a good option for people who are already taking both medications, who may benefit from taking fewer tablets and possibly lower costs by switching to the combination drug.
The recommended amlodipine and valsartan dose varies from 5/160 mg to 10/320 mg once daily, depending on your previous dose of amlodipine or valsartan and the severity of your blood pressure. If you have not taken either medication before, the recommended starting dosage is 5/160 mg once daily.
Considerations for people taking amlodipine and valsartan include the following:
- Amlodipine and valsartan comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Amlodipine and valsartan can be taken with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Take amlodipine and valsartan at the same time each day, to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Amlodipine and valsartan will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your amlodipine and valsartan dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.