Instructions for Amlodipine and Valsartan
Amlodipine and valsartan has been studied in people with mild-to-moderate high blood pressure. In these studies, amlodipine and valsartan lowered blood pressure more than when either amlodipine or valsartan were used alone.
Some general considerations for when and how to take amlodipine and valsartan include the following:
- Amlodipine and valsartan comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Amlodipine and valsartan can be taken with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Take amlodipine and valsartan at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Amlodipine and valsartan will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of amlodipine and valsartan that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to amlodipine and valsartan
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your amlodipine and valsartan dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amlodipine and Valsartan Dosing for more information.)