Your healthcare provider will recommend an appropriate dose of amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide for your situation based on the severity of your high blood pressure and your previous dosing of blood pressure medications. Depending on these factors, your dosage may range from 5/160/12.5 mg to 10/320/25 mg once daily.
The dose of amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide (Exforge HCT®) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your high blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of three medications: hydrochlorothiazide, amlodipine (Norvasc®), and valsartan (Diovan®). It is usually prescribed when two medications alone do not adequately control blood pressure.
Also, it is a good option for people who are already taking all three medications, who may benefit from taking fewer tablets and possibly lower costs by switching to amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide.
Amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide tablets come in the following strengths:
- Amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide 5/160/12.5 mg
- Amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide 10/160/12.5 mg
- Amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide 5/160/25 mg
- Amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide 10/160/25 mg
- Amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide 10/320/25 mg.
The first number (5 or 10 mg) is the amlodipine strength. The middle number (160 or 320 mg) is the valsartan strength. The last number (12.5 or 25 mg) is the hydrochloride strength.
The recommended dosage of amlodipine-valsartan-hydrochlorothiazide varies from 5/160/12.5 mg tablets to 10/320/25 mg tablets once daily, depending on your previous dosage of amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, or valsartan and the severity of your blood pressure.