Medical Conditions to Discuss With Your Doctor
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- An electrolyte imbalance, such as high or low potassium
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Edarbyclor and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Edarbyclor and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Azilsartan/Chlorthalidone to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for Azilsartan/ChlorthalidoneThe dose of azilsartan/chlorthalidone your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your blood pressure
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Azilsartan/Chlorthalidone Dosage for more information.)