Dosing Instructions for Azilsartan/Chlorthalidone
When and How to Take Azilsartan/ChlorthalidoneSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with azilsartan/chlorthalidone include the following:
- Azilsartan/chlorthalidone comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- This medication may increase urination. Therefore, you may want to take it in the morning to reduce the need to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the medicine in your blood.
- Azilsartan/chlorthalidone can be taken with or without food.
- For this medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Storage InformationAzilsartan/chlorthalidone should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture. This medication will likely be dispensed and stored in its original bottle, which helps protect the tablets from moisture. Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children.
Is There a Generic Version?This medication is not available in generic form (see Generic Edarbyclor).
Who Makes Azilsartan/Chlorthalidone?Azilsartan/chlorthalidone is made by Takeda Pharmaceuticals America, Inc.
- Azilsartan/chlorthalidone 40 mg/12.5 mg -- 40 mg of azilsartan and 12.5 mg of chlorthalidone
- Azilsartan/chlorthalidone 40 mg/25 mg -- 40 mg of azilsartan and 25 mg of chlorthalidone.