Important Information About Benazepril-Amlodipine
When and How to Take Benazepril-AmlodipineSome general considerations for when and how to take benazepril-amlodipine include:
- Benazepril-amlodipine comes in capsule form. It is taken once a day.
- Benazepril-amlodipine may be taken with or without food.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the benazepril-amlodipine capsules.
- Benazepril-amlodipine should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For benazepril-amlodipine to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Benazepril-amlodipine will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing With Benazepril-AmlodipineThe dose of benazepril-amlodipine your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to benazepril-amlodipine.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Benazepril-Amlodipine Dosing for more information about dosing guidelines for benazepril-amlodipine.)
Side Effects of Benazepril-AmlodipineAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with benazepril-amlodipine. However, not everyone who takes benazepril-amlodipine will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate benazepril-amlodipine well. When side effects with benazepril-amlodipine do occur, they are often minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
The most common side effects with benazepril-amlodipine include:
- Cough (see Lotrel Cough)
- Unexplained swelling
- High potassium levels in the blood
(Click Side Effects of Benazepril-Amlodipine to learn about the specific side effects of benazepril-amlodipine, including serious side effects to look out for. You can also read about other possible side effects by going to:
- Lotrel and Weight Gain
- Lotrel Sexual Side Effects
- Lotrel and Dry Eyes
- Depression and Lotrel
- Lotrel and Hair Loss.)