Benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide dosing guidelines will vary depending on several factors, including other medical conditions you may have and how you respond to your medication. For someone with high blood pressure, the recommended dosage of benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide will vary between benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide 5 mg/6.25 mg and benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide 20 mg/25 mg once a day. It may take a few weeks to see the full effects of this drug, at which time the dosage may be increased or decreased.
Benazepril-Hydrochlorothiazide Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of benazepril hydrochloride and hydrochlorothiazide (Lotensin HCT®) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Benazepril-Hydrochlorothiazide Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended dosage of benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide for people with high blood pressure (hypertension) will vary between benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide 5 mg/6.25 mg and benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide 20 mg/25 mg once a day. Based on the initial blood pressure response and/or benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide on lowering blood pressure.
General Benazepril-Hydrochlorothiazide Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide include:
- Your benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medication in your blood.
- For benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide or your benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking benazepril-hydrochlorothiazide without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.