Benazepril Instructions for Children and Adults
Benazepril Dosing in ChildrenThe recommended starting dose of benazepril for children six years of age and older is 0.2 mg/kg once a day.
There may be some children who cannot swallow tablets or whose calculated dosage does not equal a benazepril tablet strength. For these children, see a healthcare provider about preparing benazepril as a liquid suspension.
- Your benazepril dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Benazepril may be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take benazepril at the same time each day to maintain even levels of benazepril in the blood.
- For benazepril to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Benazepril will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your benazepril as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to benazepril or your benazepril dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking benazepril without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.