Bisoprolol Warnings and Precautions
There is a lot of information you should be aware of before taking bisoprolol. Warnings and precautions include watching out for potential drug interactions, using extra caution if you are breastfeeding, and making sure that your surgeon and anesthesiologist know that you are taking bisoprolol if you are having surgery. People with bradycardia, severe heart failure, or cardiogenic shock should avoid this drug.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking bisoprolol fumarate (Zebeta®) if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart failure
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart block
- Sick sinus syndrome
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- An upcoming surgery
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.