Calan SR Dosage
Your Calan SR dosage will depend on your medical history, but the typical recommended starting dose is 180 mg once a day in the morning. Your healthcare provider may need to increase your dose to control your blood pressure, or may decrease your dosage if you develop bothersome side effects. Each Calan SR dose comes in the form of a tablet, and should be taken at the same time each day with food.
Calan SR Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Calan SR® (verapamil hydrochloride) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Calan SR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Calan SR Dosing for Blood PressureThe recommended starting Calan SR dose for treating high blood pressure (hypertension) is Calan SR 180 mg once daily in the morning. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to control your blood pressure. Up to 240 mg of Calan SR can be taken in a single dose once a day in the morning; higher doses should be split up and taken twice a day. The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome Calan SR side effects.
The recommended starting dose for certain people (such as elderly people, smaller people, or those with liver or kidney problems) is lower, Calan SR 120 mg once daily in the morning.
- Calan SR comes in the form of a tablet. Calan SR is taken by mouth, usually once or twice daily.
- Calan SR should be taken with food.
- Calan SR tablets contain extended-release beads that slowly release the medication over time. Be sure to swallow the tablets whole.
- Because Calan SR tablets are extended release, they should not be chewed or crushed. However, Calan SR tablets may be cut in half (along the scored line).
- Calan SR should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For Calan SR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Calan SR will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Calan SR dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.