Dosing and Side Effect Info for Calan SR
When and How to Take Calan SRSome general considerations for when and how to take Calan SR include the following:
- Calan SR comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once or twice a day.
- This medication should be taken with food.
- Because Calan SR tablets are extended-release, they should not be chewed or crushed. However, they may be cut in half along the scored line.
- This medicine should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For Calan SR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Calan SR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Calan SR Dosage for more information.)
Possible Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects can occur with Calan SR. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious reactions are less common.
Common side effects of Calan SR include but are not limited to:
(Click Calan SR Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about possible side effects in the following eMedTV articles: