Serious and Rare Problems With Calan SR
Calan SR Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of more serious side effects with Calan SR that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) or a slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart attack or stroke
- Significant water retention, especially accompanied by difficulty breathing (signs of congestive heart failure or CHF)
- Signs of low blood pressure, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Hallucinations or other psychotic problems
- Breast enlargement in men (gynecomastia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare Calan SR Side EffectsThere are other possible Calan SR side effects that can occur. These rare side effects occur in less than 1 percent of people taking the medication. For these side effects, it is difficult to tell whether the side effect is actually caused by Calan SR or something else.
Some of these rare Calan SR side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Swelling or water retention
- Accidental injury
- Dry mouth (see Verapamil and Dry Mouth)
- Muscle cramps
- Hair loss (see Verapamil and Hair Loss)
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Verapamil and Impotence).