Cardene SR Dosage
The typical recommended starting Cardene SR dosage for treating high blood pressure is 30 mg twice daily. Your healthcare provider may increase your dose up to 60 mg twice daily if necessary. Cardene SR comes in the form of a capsule and can be taken with or without food. The medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
Cardene SR Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Cardene SR® (nicardipine SR) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Cardene SR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended starting Cardene SR dose for treating high blood pressure (hypertension) is Cardene SR 30 mg twice daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose (up to Cardene SR 60 mg twice daily).
When taking Cardene SR for blood pressure, it is important to know that the medication has a much greater effect on blood pressure when it is at its peak (two to four hours after a dose) than at its lowest point (just before your next dose). It is recommended that you measure your blood pressure two to four hours after your first dose, as well as just before your next dose (about 12 hours later) when first starting Cardene SR.
- Cardene SR comes in the form of a capsule. Cardene SR is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- It does not matter if you take Cardene SR with or without food.
- Cardene SR should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For Cardene SR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Cardene SR will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Cardene SR dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.