Safety Concerns With Dilt-XR
Dilt-XR can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Diltiazem Drug Interactions for more information).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Dilt-XR if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), including sick sinus syndrome
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Any allergies, including to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Diltiazem and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Diltiazem and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Diltiazem Precautions and Warnings for more information on this topic, including information on who should avoid this drug.)
People who take too much Dilt-XR may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Extremely low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Heart failure
- Slow heart rate (bradycardia).
If you happen to overdose on this drug, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Diltiazem Overdose to learn more.)