Important Info on Diltia XT
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind when taking Diltia XT include the following:
- Diltia XT comes in the form of a capsule and is taken by mouth once a day.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Diltia XT capsules are extended release and should not be broken, chewed, or crushed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- This medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For this product to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Diltia XT DosingThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you have
- Other medications you are currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Diltiazem Dosage for more information.)
As with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Diltia XT. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
When side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of Diltia XT include but are not limited to:
- An irritated or runny nose
- A sore throat
- Flu-like symptoms (such as fever and chills)
- Swelling or water retention, especially in the hands, feet, or lower legs
- Muscle pain
- Back pain
(Click Diltiazem Side Effects to learn more, including some of the more serious side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider.)