Safety Concerns With Diltia XT
(Click Diltiazem Drug Interactions for more information.)
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), including sick sinus syndrome
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease
- Low blood pressure
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Diltiazem and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Diltiazem and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Diltiazem Precautions and Warnings for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take Diltia XT.)
Overdose With Diltia XTPeople who take too much Diltia XT may have overdose symptoms that could include:
- Extremely low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Heart failure
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia).
If you happen to take an overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click Diltiazem Overdose for more information.)