How Do I Take Diuril?
Some general considerations to keep in mind when taking Diuril include the following:
- Diuril comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- For people with difficulty swallowing tablets, a liquid form is available. Be sure to shake the suspension thoroughly before each dose.
- You can take Diuril with or without food.
- Diuril should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take the medicine every day, especially those who are taking it for fluid retention.
- Because Diuril increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning to avoid getting up to use the bathroom throughout the night. If you are taking this medication twice a day, try to take your last dose before 6 p.m., unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Diuril will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Diuril your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking
- How you respond to Diuril.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Diuril Dosage for more information)