Serious Reactions to Diuril
Some side effects of Diuril, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Signs of dehydration or low electrolytes, such as:
o Dry moutho Thirsto Weaknesso Lethargyo Drowsinesso Restlessnesso Muscle pain or muscle crampso Low blood pressure (hypotension)o Decreased urinationo Rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)o Nausea or vomiting
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Diuril side effects explained above. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand whether you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Diuril, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.