Various factors can affect the Dynacirc dosage that you are prescribed. However, the typical dose is 2.5 mg twice daily. If your blood pressure is not controlled at this dosage, your healthcare provider can increase it up to 5 mg once a day. He or she can also decrease your Dynacirc dose if you develop any side effects while taking the medication.
The dose of Dynacirc® (isradipine) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Dynacirc Dosage for High Blood PressureThe recommended starting dose of Dynacirc for high blood pressure (hypertension) is 2.5 mg twice daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to a maximum of 5 mg once daily to control your blood pressure. The dosage can also be decreased if you experience bothersome Dynacirc side effects.
Considerations for people taking Dynacirc include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth, usually twice daily.
- You can take Dynacirc with or without food.
- Dynacirc should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Dynacirc will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Dynacirc or your Dynacirc dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.