Drug Interactions With Fosinopril-Hydrochlorothiazide
As with any medication, there are possible drug interactions with fosinopril-hydrochlorothiazide. Taking fosinopril-hydrochlorothiazide along with other medications (such as diuretics, potassium supplements, or antacids) can change the way your body metabolizes these drugs. These drug interactions can also lead to problems, such as causing your blood pressure to become too low.
Fosinopril-Hydrochlorothiazide Drug Interactions: An IntroductionFosinopril sodium-hydrochlorothiazide (Monopril®-HCT) can potentially interact with a number of other medicines. Some of these fosinopril-hydrochlorothiazide drug interactions can include:
- Diuretics, such as torsemide (Demadex®), furosemide (Lasix®), and others
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen (Motrin®, Advil®), naproxen (Naprosyn®), naproxen sodium (Aleve®, Anaprox®, Naprelan®), diclofenac (Cataflam®, Voltaren®), indomethacin (Indocin®), nabumetone (Relafen®), oxaprozin (Daypro®), celecoxib (Celebrex®), meloxicam (Mobic®), etodolac (Lodine®), ketoprofen, ketorolac (Toradol®), and others
- Potassium supplements or salt substitutes with potassium
- Potassium-sparing diuretics, such as spironolactone (Aldactone®), triamterene (Dyrenium®), and amiloride (Midamor®), among others
- Lithium (Eskalith®, Lithane®, Lithonate®, Lithotabs®)
- Antacids, such as Maalox®, Mylanta®, Riopan®, Gelusil®, Rolaids®, ALternaGEL®, Amphojel®, and others
o Amobarbital (Amytal®)o Butabarbital (Butisol Sodium®)o Phenobarbital (Luminal®)o Pentobarbital (Nembutal®)o Thiopental (Pentothal®)
- Narcotics, such as codeine, morphine, oxycodone, and hydrocodone
- Cholestyramine (Prevalite®, Questran®, Questran® Light, LoCholest®)
- Colestipol (Colestid®)
- Corticosteroids, such as prednisone, hydrocortisone (Cortef®), dexamethasone (Decadron®, Dexone®, Hexadrol®), and many others
- Corticotropin (Acthar®)
- Muscle relaxants, such as tubocurarine.