Isoptin SR Side Effects
Although most people do not experience any problems while taking Isoptin SR, side effects are possible. Some of the most common side effects include constipation, dizziness, and nausea. Rare side effects include dry mouth, hair loss, and impotence. Notify your healthcare provider immediately if you develop more serious side effects, such as hallucinations, chest pain, or significant water retention.
An Introduction to Isoptin SR Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Isoptin SR® (verapamil hydrochloride). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Isoptin SR. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Side Effects of Isoptin SR to ReportThere are a number of potentially serious side effects with Isoptin SR that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) or a slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Heart attack or stroke
- Significant water retention, especially accompanied by difficulty breathing (signs of congestive heart failure or CHF)
- Signs of low blood pressure, such as dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Hallucinations or other psychotic problems
- Breast enlargement in men (gynecomastia)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.