Isoptin SR Warnings and Precautions
To ensure a safe treatment process with Isoptin SR, warnings and precautions should be reviewed. For example, the drug should be used with caution in people who have congestive heart failure, and the medication may not be safe to take during pregnancy. Because Isoptin SR is not suitable for everyone, talk to your healthcare provider about any other medical conditions you have and all other medications you are taking.
Isoptin SR: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Isoptin SR® (verapamil hydrochloride) if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), including sick sinus syndrome
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or Lown-Ganong-Levine syndrome
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Low blood pressure
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Duchenne's muscular dystrophy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.