Hypertension Home > Afeditab Drug Interactions
When certain medications are taken with Afeditab CR, drug interactions may occur. Some of the medications that can cause these interactions with Afeditab CR include certain antibiotics, beta blockers, and some seizure medications. Drug interactions involving Afeditab CR and other medications can increase your risk of side effects (such as low blood pressure, bleeding, or congestive heart failure) or decrease the effectiveness of the medications.
An Overview of Afeditab Drug InteractionsAfeditab CR® (nifedipine) can potentially interact with a number of other medicines. Some of these medicines that may lead to Afeditab CR drug interactions include:
- Certain antibiotics or antifungals, including:
o Erythromycin (Ery-Tab®)o Isoniazid (Nydrazid®)o Itraconazole (Sporanox®)o Ketoconazole (Neoral®)o Miconazoleo Quinupristin and dalfopristin (Synercid®)o Telithromycin (Ketek®)
- Beta blockers, such as:
- Cimetidine (Tagamet®)
- Digoxin (Digitek®, Lanoxin®)
- Grapefruit juice
- Nefazodone (Serzone®)
- Protease inhibitors, such as:
- Rifamycin derivatives, such as rifabutin (Mycobutin®), rifampin (Rifadin®), or rifapentine (Priftin®)
- Certain seizure medications, such as phenytoin (Dilantin®), phenobarbital (Luminal®), or carbamazepine (Tegretol®, Tegretol XR®)
- St. John's wort
- Tacrolimus (Prograf®)
- Warfarin (Coumadin®, Jantoven®).