Hypertension Home > Afeditab
Afeditab CR is an extended-release medication that is licensed for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is a type of calcium channel blocker and works by relaxing the blood vessels to improve blood flow and make it easier for the heart to pump blood. The medication comes in the form of a tablet that is taken by mouth, usually once daily. Common side effects include swelling, headaches, and dizziness.
What Is Afeditab?Afeditab CR® (nifedipine) is a prescription medication used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). The tablets are extended-release, which means they slowly and evenly release the drug over time.
How Does It Work?Afeditab CR is part of a class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It helps to slow down the rate at which calcium moves into the heart and walls of the blood vessels. This, in turn, helps to relax the blood vessels, which allows better blood flow and makes it easier for the heart to pump blood.
When and How to Take AfeditabSome general considerations for when and how to take Afeditab CR include the following:
- Afeditab CR comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- The medicine should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Because the tablets are extended-release, they should not be broken, crushed, or chewed. Be sure to swallow them whole.
- Afeditab CR should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Afeditab CR will not work if you stop taking it.