Hypertension Home > Instructions for Aliskiren/Amlodipine
Clinical EffectsPrevious studies have already demonstrated that the two components of aliskiren/amlodipine can lower blood pressure when used alone. Studies showed that using the two components together provided even great effects on reducing blood pressure.
When and How to Take Aliskiren/AmlodipineGeneral considerations to keep in mind during treatment with aliskiren/amlodipine include the following:
- Aliskiren/amlodipine comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily.
- You should try to take this medication consistently either with or without food, since fatty meals may decrease the absorption of it. This is not a problem, as long as you take aliskiren/amlodipine consistently with regard to food.
- Be sure to take aliskiren/amlodipine at the same time each day in order to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Aliskiren/amlodipine will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of aliskiren/amlodipine your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to this drug
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.