Hypertension Home > Benazepril-Amlodipine Dosing
Benazepril-amlodipine dosing guidelines will vary depending on a number of factors, including your age, other medical conditions you may have, and other medications you may currently be taking. The recommended benazepril-amlodipine dosage for people with high blood pressure will vary between benazepril-amlodipine 2.5 mg/10 mg and benazepril-amlodipine 10 mg/40 mg once a day.
Benazepril-Amlodipine Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of benazepril hydrochloride and amlodipine besylate (Lotrel®) your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to benazepril-amlodipine.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Benazepril-Amlodipine Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended dosage of benazepril-amlodipine for people with high blood pressure (hypertension) will vary between benazepril-amlodipine 2.5 mg/10 mg and benazepril-amlodipine 10 mg/40 mg once a day. Based on the initial blood pressure response and/or benazepril-amlodipine side effects, the dosage may be increased or decreased. With each change in dosage, it may take several weeks to see the full effects of benazepril-amlodipine on lowering blood pressure.
General Benazepril-Amlodipine Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking benazepril-amlodipine include:
- Your benazepril-amlodipine dosage should be taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Benazepril-amlodipine may be taken with or without food.
- Do not break, chew, or crush the benazepril-amlodipine capsules.
- Make sure to take benazepril-amlodipine at the same time each day to maintain even levels of the medication in your blood.
- For benazepril-amlodipine to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Benazepril-amlodipine will not work if you take it in a different way than your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you do not take your benazepril-amlodipine as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with normal dosing. Do not take a double dose.
- If you are unsure about anything related to benazepril-amlodipine or your benazepril-amlodipine dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking benazepril-amlodipine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.