Hypertension Home > Are There Risks With Benazepril-Amlodipine?
Drug Interactions With Benazepril-AmlodipineBenazepril-amlodipine can potentially interact with a number of medicines.
Benazepril-Amlodipine: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Prior to taking benazepril-amlodipine, you should talk with your healthcare provider if you have:
- Heart disease, including congestive heart failure or aortic stenosis
- Liver disease, including cirrhosis
- Kidney disease or kidney failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus or SLE for short)
- A personal or family history of angioedema, which is swelling under the skin
- Any allergies, including allergies to Lotrel, Lotensin, Norvasc, benazepril, amlodipine, ACE inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (see Lotrel and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Are on dialysis
- Will be undergoing surgery or anesthesia.