Hypertension Home > Generic Benazepril-Amlodipine
Generic benazepril-amlodipine, which is available in four different strengths, is manufactured by Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and other companies. The FDA has assigned generic benazepril-amlodipine an "AB" rating, meaning that it should be equivalent to the brand-name medication.
Generic for Benazepril-Amlodipine: An OverviewBenazepril-amlodipine (Lotrel®) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is a combination of two medicines -- benazepril hydrochloride (Lotensin®) and amlodipine besylate (Norvasc®).
Strengths of Generic Benazepril-AmlodipineNot every strength of Lotrel is currently available as a generic. Generic Lotrel is available in the following strengths:
- Benazepril-amlodipine 2.5 mg/10 mg -- which has 2.5 mg of amlodipine and 10 mg of benazepril
- Benazepril-amlodipine 5 mg/10 mg -- which has 5 mg of amlodipine and 10 mg of benazepril
- Benazepril-amlodipine 5 mg/20 mg -- which has 5 mg of amlodipine and 20 mg of benazepril
- Benazepril-amlodipine 10/20 mg -- which has 10 mg of amlodipine and 20 mg of benazepril.
Who Makes Generic Benazepril-Amlodipine?
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sandoz Pharmaceuticals
- Teva Pharmaceuticals.