Hypertension Home > Tips for Taking Benazepril and Possible Side Effects
When and How Do I Take It?Some general considerations for when and how to take benazepril include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken once or twice a day.
- Benazepril can be taken with or without food.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- If you have difficulty swallowing the tablet, talk to your pharmacist or healthcare provider about taking a different form of benazepril.
- For benazepril to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of benazepril your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
Side Effects of BenazeprilAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with benazepril. However, not everyone who takes it will experience side effects. If they do occur, side effects are often minor, meaning they require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Lotensin and Weight Gain
- Lotensin Sexual Side Effects
- Lotensin and Dry Eyes
- Lotensin and Depression
- Lotensin and Hair Loss.