Hypertension Home > Dynacirc and Dry Mouth
Several side effects have been reported with Dynacirc (isradipine), and dry mouth appears to be one of them. In clinical studies, it occurred in less than 1 percent of people taking the drug. If you are taking Dynacirc and dry mouth develops, you can try avoiding caffeinated drinks and sipping water often. If needed, your healthcare provider can also recommend artificial saliva.
Dry mouth is one of the possible side effects of Dynacirc® (isradipine). In studies, less than 1 percent of people taking the drug reported experiencing a dry mouth.
If you are taking Dynacirc and dry mouth occurs, there are some things that you can do that may provide relief. Some of these suggestions include:
- Sip water or sugarless drinks often.
- Sip water or sugarless drinks during meals. This will make chewing and swallowing easier. It may also improve the taste of food.
- Avoid drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and some sodas. Caffeine can dry out the mouth.
- Don't use tobacco or alcohol. They dry out the mouth.
- Use a humidifier at night.
- Be aware of spicy or salty foods. These may cause pain in a dry mouth.
- Chew sugarless gum or suck on sugarless hard candy to stimulate saliva flow; cinnamon- or mint-flavored candies are good choices.
If you develop dry mouth while taking Dynacirc and the suggestions in this article do not help, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider. He or she may be able to recommend other treatment options, such as artificial saliva. Also, depending on how severe your dry mouth is, he or she may recommend that you adjust your Dynacirc dosage or try another high blood pressure medicine.