Hypertension Home > Side Effects of Eprosartan
While most people taking eprosartan do not experience side effects, reactions are possible and may include things like coughing, a runny nose, and upper respiratory infections. These side effects are generally mild and easily treated. However, some reactions should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider, such chest pain; difficulty breathing; and unexplained swelling of the lips, face, hands, or feet.
An Introduction to Side Effects of EprosartanJust like any medicine, eprosartan mesylate (Teveten®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with eprosartan. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Eprosartan Side EffectsSome eprosartan side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (heart palpitations)
- An abnormal heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat, hands, or feet
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Decreased urine production
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.