Hypertension Home > Important Instructions for Indapamide
- Indapamide comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take it with or without food.
- It should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood. However, some people do not need to take it every day, especially those who are taking it for fluid retention.
- Because indapamide increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking
- How you respond to indapamide.