Hypertension Home > Isradipine CR Dosing
The usual starting isradipine CR dosage for most people with high blood pressure is 5 mg once a day. Your dose should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. If needed, isradipine CR dosing can be increased up to a maximum of 10 mg once daily to help control your blood pressure.
The dose of isradipine CR (Dynacirc CR®) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Isradipine CR Dosing for High Blood PressureThe recommended starting dose of isradipine CR for high blood pressure (hypertension) is 5 mg once daily. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your dose up to a maximum of 10 mg once daily to control your blood pressure.
Considerations for people taking isradipine CR include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- You can take Isradipine CR with or without food.
- Because isradipine CR tablets are controlled-release, they should not be crushed, chewed, or broken. Be sure to swallow the tablets whole.
- The medication should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For isradipine CR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to isradipine CR dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.