Hypertension Home > Side Effects of Isradipine CR
Isradipine CR has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, in which a group of people taking the drug have side effects documented and compared to another group not taking the medicine. This way, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common side effects of isradipine CR included:
- Swelling or water retention (edema) -- in up to 35.9 percent of people
- Headaches -- up to 18.3 percent
- Fatigue -- up to 7.6 percent
- Dizziness -- up to 6.4 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 5.1 percent
- Constipation -- up to 3.8 percent
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face) -- up to 3.8 percent.
Other common side effects, occurring in 1 to 3 percent of people, included:
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (palpitations)
Rare isradipine CR side effects occur in less than 1 percent of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by isradipine CR or other factors.
Some of these rare side effects include but are not limited to:
- Foot cramps or leg cramps
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Impotence (see Dynacirc CR and Impotence)
- Dry mouth (see Dynacirc CR and Dry Mouth)
- Vision changes
- Sore throat.