Hypertension Home > Side Effects of Lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide
Some of the more common side effects of lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide include headache, dizziness, and cough. Other side effects include such things as diarrhea, low blood pressure, and indigestion. In most cases, lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide side effects tend to be minor; however, notify your healthcare provider if you develop problems such as difficulty breathing, seizures, or an irregular heartbeat.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide (available as a generic or under the brand names Prinzide® or Zestoretic®). However, not everyone who takes the medicine will experience side effects. If lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide side effects do occur, they are generally mild and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide side effects with you.)
Some side effects with lisinopril-hydrochlorothiazide, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Changes in vision or eye pain
- Unexplained swelling of the head or neck (including the face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- Unexplained swelling of the hands, feet, or both
- Unexplained skin rash
- Unexplained blisters or peeling of the skin
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain), with or without vomiting
- Any symptoms that might suggest an infection, such as a fever or sore throat
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Decrease in the amount of urine produced
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain or cramps
- Nausea or vomiting
- Weak or irregular heartbeat.