Hypertension Home > Metoprolol Tartrate
Metoprolol tartrate is approved to control high blood pressure, treat angina symptoms, and improve survival after a heart attack. As a beta blocker, the medication works by reversing the effect of certain stress hormones in the body. While it does not cure high blood pressure or angina, the drug can help decrease heart rate, blood pressure levels, and the workload on the heart. Dizziness, tiredness, and depression are a few common side effects.
- A slow heart rate
- Itching or unexplained rash
- Depression (see Metoprolol and Depression)
- Shortness of breath.
- Metoprolol and Weight Gain
- Metoprolol Sexual Side Effects
- Metoprolol and Dry Eyes
- Metoprolol and Hair Loss
- Metoprolol and Low Blood Sugar.