Hypertension Home > Guidelines and Safety Concerns for Midamor
When and How to Take MidamorGeneral considerations for when and how to take Midamor include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day.
- Midamor should be taken with food.
- Midamor should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood. However, some people do not need to take the drug every day, especially those taking it for fluid retention.
- Because Midamor increases urination, it is best to take it in the morning (to avoid needing to get up to use the bathroom throughout the night), unless your healthcare provider instructs you otherwise.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Midamor will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing Information for MidamorThe dose of Midamor that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking
- How you respond to Midamor.
Side Effects of MidamorAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Midamor. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth (see Amiloride and Dry Mouth)
- Depression (see Amiloride and Depression)
- Muscle cramps
- Impotence (see Amiloride and Impotence).